StarGift Project Inc. is now officially a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation!
This means that should you choose to make donations, they will be tax deductible. But I digress. Most of 2015 has been spent organizing a small board of directors, and filing the paperwork to achieve this goal!
The StarGift Project Inc. is organized exclusively for religious, educational and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The mission and vision statements are as follows:
- Our mission is: To be a source of inspiring faith in youth and their families through the creative arts.
- Our vision is to provide original inspirational material about the nature of God and Jesus Christ through mediums that are engaging, simple to understand and foundational to a life-long relationship with God.
We aspire that through the education provided in these materials, some of the audience may choose to seek God, become followers of Jesus and grow to be more open and receptive to others of faith.
Our materials are non-denominational and present basic underpinnings of faith in God and Jesus as Messiah. We believe it is necessary, as our society becomes increasingly secular, to share with children how they can choose to be in relationship with God through Jesus Christ and what this can mean in their lives. In time, as they mature into young adults, they will understand that this is an option which they may choose: To grow the spark of faith within them, to seek understanding of God’s will for us, and to grow with Him.
We seek to engage churches and other nonprofits that serve youth as StarGift Partners to:
- Distribute donated copies of StarGift Materials to children who otherwise may not learn of God and Jesus
- To create events based on sharing the story in different ways through performance arts or engaging the children in creative activities focused on the stories
- To engage donors in purchasing materials as donations for distribution
We are sharing some donations with Partner Organizations. Each book donation includes a small donation to the organization that will distribute the book(s) and to StarGift Project Inc. And in the event that our donations exceed our annual plans, we will give those excess donations to organizations that support adults with developmental disabilities.
You may think of these sharing activities as planting tiny mustard seeds from which great faith may grow. Or you may think about this mission as like taking Sunday School out into the community.
More News! We have two more stories in development:
- The first is told in rhyme like “The Star Who Almost Wasn’t There.” In this story children will learn how the Star and Jesus become Best Friends Forever and how Jesus tells Star He has a special mission. . . but before he can learn what it is, he must study and learn a great deal from our Father in Heaven. And then Jesus tells Star that he will teach Star what He learns from the Father. This opens the door to stories of adventures that the child Jesus and Star share. Within each adventure will be another teaching from God to Jesus to Star.
- The second story will focus on Jesus as a young Jewish child as his family is preparing for their Passover Seder. The boys will have an adventure on a trip into the marketplace with Joseph to purchase a young male lamb for sacrifice and feast. Within this story, is another story as Jesus tells Star what he has learned about Passover, why it is celebrated. . .and of course Jesus invites Star to join his family for their feast and celebration. At the market they encounter a child of special needs. You can imagine the wonderful message of love Jesus shares with Star!
And More News! We also have plans with a musician/vocal teacher to put together a small musical and flashmob to tell the story of The Star Who Almost Wasn’t There at various locations throughout the season in 2016!
We need your participation! StarGift Project Inc. has a board of directors of course. But we are hoping to expand this board in time with people of faith, who believe in our mission and who bring talents and skills that we will need as we grow. We would like these people to come from different denominations representing several different area churches Of course we have need of many volunteers to help us get things done. But at the moment, the thing we need the most is for everyone who would like to help StarGift Project Inc. grow, to spread the word! Tell all your friends and family . . .tell everyone you know from church and other nonprofit organizations that serve children. Share via email and social media. Help us to get interviews on local and Christian radio. . .on web sites. . .on facebook Web site: www.stargiftproject.org [i.e. Star Gift Project . .with no spaces] Email: email@example.com Facebook:
- Page hosted by Star for children: “The Star Who Almost Wasn’t There”
- Page for StarGift Project Inc. information/donations etc. “StarGift Project Inc.” will be ready soon.
If you are a member of a local church or a nonprofit that serves children, volunteer to be a StarGift Ambassador and encourage your church or groups within your organization to become a StarGift Partners. If you wish to volunteer in any capacity, or to explore the possibility send a brief email to the address above and we will contact you. And, as always, pray for StarGift Project Inc.